Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Romance


Jeff and I had a fabulous weekend. Not only did we get to lay around by the pool and have dinner with our friend, Theresa (who is a wonderful cook, by the way), but Jeff decided to give me a romantic evening at home. Since the treatments are costing us quite a bit of money, our budget has been pretty tight lately. So, when Jeff told me he had a surprise evening for me, complete with dinner and dancing, I was a little aprehensive. Jeff is a wonderful dancer, but I was stuck on the cost of this evening. We got all dressed up and ready to go out, and just as we were about to walk out the door, Jeff closed the door and said, "May I have this dance?" He had cleaned the living room earlier in the day, which was sweet enough in itself, and then, when I wasn't paying attention, he downloaded several love songs including "Lady in Red" and "Can You Feel the Love Tonight". We danced all around our living room, and then I discovered that my darling husband had snuck in steak and corn on the cob, which he grilled for me. This is my absolute favorite meal. After that, we watched a movie and had some ice cream, and it was just a perfect day. This is the man who I used to say didn't have a romantic bone in his body. He doesn't generally do romance, but when he does, it means so much to me. Even if we never have a baby, I am just thankful that God brought us together.


On the fertility front, I am not feeling negative anymore. I wouldn't say that I'm brimming with positive thoughts, but I no longer am so bleak about the whole thing. I still can't get myself to believe that it will work, but I am no longer certain that it won't work. I guess I'm just neutral, which is a definite step up.

No comments: