Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Venting

Let me just preface this post by saying that I know I am going to sound terribly ungrateful, and like a whiny little brat, but I just have to vent. However, this in no way means that I wish I weren't pregnant. I am very glad to be pregnant and I consider it a huge miracle, and I feel very blessed to be carrying this child. Okay, here goes . . .

I am so flippin' miserable!! I am sick all the time, even when I take my anti-nausea pills, which I do daily. I will feel fine for an hour or so, but then I will start to feel queasy and sick, and that could take the whole day to go away. Then, I'll feel better . . . for a short time. I feel like I haven't felt good in weeks and weeks. I am still throwing up, although not as often, and I am having other stomach issues as well, so I feel like I live in the bathroom. Nothing seems to help, although I have been told I can take several different OTC meds to try and feel better.


I am tired constantly. I come home every day and take a nap, and when I wake up, I feel like I haven't even slept. I get up about 5:30 from my nap, and I'm ready for bed by 9 or 10. I barely make it through work each day, and I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of tears because I am so exhausted. I get so tired just putting on my "happy face" each day.


I can no longer button my regular pants, but the maternity pants are too big, so I bought myself something called a Bella Band. It is like a halter top that I can wear over my pants so that I can keep them unbuttoned. I have to say, that little piece of fabric is a God-send! I also bought a few maternity tops, and I really do enjoy wearing them. I feel like I'm huge already, but in reality, I still haven't regained all the weight I lost when I was sick all the time.


So, there you have it. I feel terrible complaining because this is what I wanted. I just didn't know it would be so hard. I do have to say, though, that even if I knew it was going to be like this, I would still do it again. I just want to know when the happy, glowing part of the pregnancy starts?

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I totally know how you are feeling! It was the same for me when I was PG with Logan. I was miserable everyday. You actually question what the heck you got yourself into after a certain point of being so sick and tired. I can tell ya though, it all disappears the second you hold that baby and you would do it all over again! I felt the best that I have ever felt in my life immediately after he was born and wanted to do it all over right NOW! Anyway, hang in there. Hopefully your symptoms will subside a little bit and you can sorta enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!