Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rude Comments and Awesome Doctor Visits


I had my first rude comment yesterday, which was funny because I had been reading about how to respond to rude comments just the day before. A co-worker of mine said, "You know, you'd better be careful of how much weight you gain. It is going to be so much harder for you to take it off." As if I didn't know that, but still, why do people think that sort of thing needs to be said? When I informed her that I'm three months along and still haven't gained any weight, she looked at me like I was lying and said, "You haven't?" Then she proceeded to tell me that my boobs were way too big. What do you say to that?


*For any of you who don't know, and I sure didn't know before I got pregnant, weight for some reason, shifts around and shows up again in strange places. So, my belly is sticking out a lot more, as are my boobs, but I actually weigh less than I did before I got pregnant.*


Oh well. I had my final first trimester appointment today, and the nurse confirmed that I hadn't gained any weight. I have to admit, I started to think I might be wrong about that! My blood pressure was good, and I got to hear Baby's heartbeat through the doppler. It was nice and strong and steady, and it was wonderful to hear. I wish I had a recording of it so that I could play it over and over. Now that the nausea is actually subsiding, I am just in awe over this miracle. To think that a real, live, human being is growing inside me! I have been teary all afternoon. Oh, and in 6 weeks, we get to find out if she's really a girl!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

People are just dumb! Thats all. You gotta forgive them and feel sorry for them I guess. AND yes, the boobs grow! And guess what, they aren't done yet, wait til your milk comes in!! It really is a miracle and I am so glad you are getting to experience it. Just hope you still enjoy it when the baby is tap dancing on your cervix.