Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday

It's been a fairly uneventful week for us. I do seem to have traded my morning sickness for migraine headaches, so I'm still not glowing. I should say here that migraines run in my family, but I've had so many recently that I'm attributing this to the pregnancy. I read that something like 80% of women get migraines in their second trimester. After one headache that was still killing me on the morning of the third day, I finally called the doctor. He prescribed a medicine called Midrin that seems to help. I have to take two capsules as soon as a headache starts, then one every hour for up to three hours after that. It has so far taken at least 4 capsules before my headaches will start to go away, and that worries me a little. I know that the doctor wouldn't prescribe something that isn't safe, but I don't like taking that many pills when I have headaches nearly every day. So, I'm using the Midrin only when absolutely nothing else will work, and if I just cannot function. It makes work very difficult when my head is pounding, so I am grateful for the meds, regardless.

No comments: