Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Motherhood Maternity - Woo Hoo!!

On Saturday, Jeff took me to the mall so that I could finally break down and buy some more maternity clothes, since the first two tops I bought already don't fit. Since I am now 3 months along that is probably to be expected, but since I still haven't gained any weight, I wasn't prepared for how tight and uncomfortable my clothes had gotten.

We went to a Motherhood Maternity store, and God was smiling at us that day. Being a plus sized girl, clothes shopping is not the most fun thing for me. From what I have seen and read, it is even harder to find cute maternity clothes. Imagine my surprise when we walked into the store and found a fairly good sized plus section! It wasn't huge, by any means, but there was a very nice selection, and most everything was on sale. If that weren't enough, the saleslady was an absolute angel. She was cheerful and energetic, and she made lots of great suggestions. She even made some non-clothes suggestions to help me. It was such a wonderful experience. In the end, I got a pair of maternity jeans, a t-shirt that says "Kicking 24/7", 3 tops for work, and a container of Preggy Pop Drops for morning sickness for just over $100. Jeff and I were so pleased, that I just had to plug the store a little bit here! I wore new clothes out of the store, too, because I was SO much more comfortable than when I had walked in. Oh, there was also a cushion in the dressing room that could be strapped on to simulate a big belly, so I was even able to see that my new clothes would fit me through the whole pregnancy. The look on Jeff's face when I came out with the belly on was fantastic! He had to do a double-take.


The Preggy Pop Drops work really well, too. They are slightly sour hard candies that really do take the nausea away. I didn't take nausea meds at all this weekend, and thanks to the candies, I still felt good and was able to eat. Thanks to God for another terrific weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, bobbie! my name is josie and i'm from cleveland, ohio. i have a few friends who blog and sometimes i click the "next blog" button, just to see what pops up. one day i stumbled upon your blog and it caught my eye and i've been checking back with you faithfully for the past month or so. (it just goes to show, you never know who might be reading your blog!) all that to say, i'm very excited for you and your husband! i've been fortunate enough to never have struggled with fertility issues, but i have several friends who've gone through the same sort of things you've gone through and i've seen what a struggle it is for them. i'm about 9 weeks pregnant with my second child (my daughter, reagan, is 15 months) and am enjoying hearing someone else's pregnancy woes. i too am a plus sized mommy and can identify with how hard it can be to find fun pregnancy clothes. (i like liz lange's maternity line at target, by the way.) i pray for you regularly and can't wait 'til you get to hold your little one!

blessings!
josie
jrleinbach@hotmail.com