Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Next Chapter . . .

Jeff and I spent the afternoon at the doctor's office yesterday. We had another sonogram, and then I had to be examined and hooked up to the baby monitors as I was sure I was in labor from the terrible pains I was having. They started in my lower abdomen, then radiated to my hips and my lower back. VERY long story short, it looks like I have an irritable uterus which contracts painfully whenever I walk around too much, or whenever the baby moves. They are not real contractions, but more like shooting pains that make me cry out. I was not dilated at all however, and Bethie was just fine.

Bethie is right on target at 18 inches long and 4 lbs 15 oz, and she is definitely a girl! As always, she has a good, strong heartbeat, and she is a very squirmy little thing. She is head down so her butt is by my belly button, and we can feel her little butt because it pokes out every time she moves. :-) I had to see a different doc yesterday as mine was at the hospital so we still don't have a date for the c-section, but at our next visit we should have one for sure. I think I am going to try and get through this week and next at work (although I left at 10 yesterday and did not go in today), and then call it good. I got some meds for the pain, but I don't want to take them if I don't REALLY have to, and if I work, I'm going to have to take the meds. Yesterday before we got to the doc, the pain was so bad I was getting delusional. That happens to me when I get a fever, too, and I was apparently asking the picture of the cowboys on the wall (real cowboys, not the football team) for some water. I could not understand why they wouldn't bring me some water, but they were not the least bit helpful! Anyway, that's the latest in the Great Pregnancy Drama. :-)

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Man, you and I must have the worst pregnancies ever! But I can guarantee you will want to do it again! LOL! Glad she is doing good. Not much longer.