Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Second Shower - Wow!

We had our second baby shower yesterday at Thomas Conveyor, where Jeff works. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about the whole thing as I didn't know ANY of these people, but I had a truly terrific time. Not only were the people friendly and warm and inviting, they were just a lot of fun. I laughed and carried on as though I had known them forever, and it was really nice to see where Jeff works and to put faces to the names.

These people were so generous, I still have a hard time thinking of it without getting teary. They wanted to know what we still needed, and pretty much bought out the store. We got a crib mattress, a Diaper Genie, a Rainforest mobile for the crib, a bottle dryer, a bottle and food warmer, and so many other things. I was just astonished at the generosity of people, and although I am sure I've said this before, it is just so true. Here are a few pictures from the shower:















After the shower, Jeff and I took the gift cards and money we received, and we bought our travel system. It is a Graco, and is decorated with Winnie the Pooh. We also bought a diaper bag and some bottles and pacifiers, and it seems like we are all set. We're only missing one thing - the baby!


No comments: