Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Friday, February 6, 2009

Maternity Leave

I am officially on maternity leave. It's a few weeks earlier than I had planned, but given the pains that make walking so difficult, it was the best option. The doctor said that I might still have good days in which I would be able to work, but there was no guarantee that I would. Since the school cannot get a sub for me without my being on leave, I felt that it was not fair to them for me to come and go and leave them short-handed on the bad days.

On top of this, I have a head cold! It's really not that bad - just enough to make me whiny and miserable. I have been living on Robitussin and Tylenol, but it is starting to get better. That is the one truly great thing about being on leave. I didn't have to call in to work when the cold came. :-)


I go back to the doctor on the 18th of February, and hopefully we will schedule my c-section then.


In other happy news, Heather welcomed a baby boy on February 3rd! I do not have all the details yet, but he is healthy and happy, and so are Heather and her husband. Thank you again for all the prayers and good thoughts you sent her way during the last several months.

No comments: