Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Friday, February 13, 2009

Lactation, Tours, Private Rooms

Jeff and I took a lactation class earlier this week, and it was really interesting! I did not know how much is involved in breastfeeding, but I feel much more confident now that we've had the class. I wanted Jeff to go with me because I know that I'm going to freak out if I have trouble doing it, and I needed someone with me who could remind me of the tricks and tips to get the baby to nurse. :-) Jeff was, as always, wonderful. He took notes, he asked questions, and I think we both got a lot out of the class.

We also had a hospital tour, and I think we are both more comfortable now that we know where everything is. We got to see two brand-new babies in the nursery, which of course made me weepy, but Jeff just had a big smile on his face. There are labor and delivery rooms, and then at the other end of the hall are the mother/baby rooms. They are all private rooms - how lucky are we - and really quite nice. There is a nice, long couch that turns into a bed that Jeff can use, and as Jeff pointed out, a big TV. :-) He is planning on staying with us, so I am very glad there is a comfortable place for him to sleep, and for us to be together. I will be in the hospital at least for 3 days after the c-section, so I am also glad for a private room in case I get whiny!


I go back to the doctor on Wednesday, the 18th to schedule my c-section, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yay!!! In the final stretch! Remember that I have been nursing straight for over 3 years now, so if you have issues you can call me and I can help!! Biggest thing is to just get past 2 weeks and then 6 weeks and then it is just easy peasy after that. A good website is www.kellymom.com for breastfeeding resources too!! They actually have some videos to watch and it was very helpful for me.