Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Getting Closer . . .

At the risk of being too detailed, I have to tell you that I lost the mucus plug that closes the cervix last night! What that means is that Bethie is getting ready to make her appearance. It could be in two days or in two weeks, but losing that plug is the first step. I've been predicting a February birth for awhile so I can't say that I am surprised, but to be fair, this is no guarantee that I am right. Some women lose their plugs and take a month to deliver. So, we really just have to wait and see.

To be prepared though, Jeff and I went shopping and bought nursing bras, tank tops, pajamas, and other things I will need while in the hospital. I feel MUCH better having my bag packed, even if it is going to get dusty waiting to get used! When we were shopping, Jeff could not resist the party dress in the picture. It is a 12-month size so Bethie will not be able to wear it for awhile, but I can see that "pink and frilly" has taken on a new meaning for my darling husband! I can't help but smile every time I see the dress.

No comments: