Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Round Ligament Pain

I've had a good few weeks so I'm not going to complain too much, but I now have what is called round ligament pain. As you can see from the picture, the round ligaments are on either side of the uterus, and as it grows, the ligaments are stretching. It causes stabbing pains in my abdomen, and makes walking difficult, at least for me. Although this is very common in pregnancy, some women barely have any pain while others have debilitating pain. I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle. I can still do what I need to do, but I do feel a lot better when I'm lying on the couch. Thank God for Jeff!

The other day, Jeff came home in a bad mood and was venting. Since he has such a deep voice, however, and he was almost yelling, I think he startled baby. Every time he raised his voice, she kicked! I tried to explain that Daddy wasn't yelling at Mommy, but I don't know whether she got that. :-)

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Another fun part of pregnancy! I have to find this cool website for you to look at. It shows all your organs getting all squished as the baby grows. I will look for it.