Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Friday, August 1, 2008

Update on Maggs


Jeff found a spot for Maggs at a no-kill shelter in Arlington, and brought him in on Tuesday. They said he should go fast, since he has obviously been well-cared for, is neutered, declawed, and housebroken. That was a relief, since I didn't want him to be sitting in a cage.


I called today to check on him since I still hadn't seen him listed on the web site, and this terribly rude lady told me that he had either been adopted or euthanized, but she couldn't or wouldn't tell me which. I was shocked, since this is a NO-KILL shelter, and I asked her what the reasons were that an animal would be put down. She said that if the animal has a life-threatening disease or a behavior problem, they could be euthanized. Magglio doesn't have either of these things. He is not the least bit aggressive, and if anything, he is just too shy. I am hoping and praying that he has been adopted, but I wish I knew for sure.
The picture is of the two cats with whom we came to Texas, and both of whom had to find new homes because of my allergies. It is very sad, but I hope they are both very, very happy!

No comments: