Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The OB/GYN


I apologize for the time between posts! The anti-nausea meds that Dr. Haas gave me last week really knocked me out. I slept for what seemed like hours every day, and when I woke up, I still didn't have any energy to post. Thank God for summer vacation!


I saw the new OB/GYN today, Dr. Krombach, and he was extremely nice to me. I had a marathon session at his office, but through it all everyone was very kind, and answered any questions I had. I did have an ultrasound today, which, as you can tell from the photo, was incredibly hard to see, but I got to hear Baby's heartbeat, which was amazing. It was a perfect 158 beats per minute, and she is now 15.2 cm long, or about the size of a large grape. They measure you in days, so as of today I am 8 weeks and 6 days along, and Baby measured at 8 weeks and 4 days. The nurse said that a two-day discrepancy didn't matter at all, so I'm finally convinced that Baby is healthy!


Dr. Krombach gave me a different nausea medicine to try, Zofran, which seemed to do the trick. I was able to eat lunch today, and I didn't fall asleep in the middle of it! I don't have to go back til September 10th, and the nurses gave me a huge bag full of vitamins, formula, books, magazines, etc. I tell you what, I have been extremely blessed to have found as many wonderful doctors as I have had.

No comments: