Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Checking In


I get to stop taking the progesterone this week - hooray!! I needed to take it because my body did not make enough to keep Baby safe, but this week the placenta will be fully formed, so I don't need to make any more of the hormone. I am SO relieved. Not only are these pills awful to use (they're suppositories), but I've discovered that they are causing a great deal of my symptoms. I figured this out when, one day last week, I forgot to take them. I felt terrific that day! Ever since then, I have had all my symptoms, and feel pretty crappy again. So, I cannot wait til the final pill is gone, and I can start feeling better. Plus, I only have a week and a half left in the first trimester, and from what I have read, the second trimester is MUCH easier. I think that just getting off the progesterone will be a tremendous help, but we'll see if I can tell any difference in the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Your pregnancy is just not going fast enough! It is a LOoooong pregnancy for me since I have known since conception!?! Got 'roids yet? Spare no juicy detail!