Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ultrasound # 2


We had our second ultrasound today, and although we couldn't really see much, we did see a nice, strong heartbeat. Apparently, the doctor was a little worried about the size of Baby last week, but he didn't tell me that she was too small. At first I thought that he should have told me, but all I would have done was worry for a week. Today, Baby measured at 9.7 mm, up quite a bit from last week's 6.3 mm, and doctor assured me she looks just fine.


We are now cleared to go to an OB/GYN, and the doctor also gave me some anti-nausea medicine, praise Jesus! I have been throwing up nearly everything I eat, and I have been downright miserable for a few days, so hopefully this all gets better. It is all worth it, though. The picture shows Baby as she was today, but she looks more like an oval than a baby. :-) The little blob below her is the yolk sac, which will apparently dissolve before too long. I wish I had a video of the heartbeat, but it was this flickery light right in the middle of her little oval. It was beautiful!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Other things that help with nausea (I had it severe with Logan) POPSICLES (the best), ginger ale or real ginger candy (if you can eat it), ginger tea and of course the old things work a little bit...crackers and 7-up or sprite. The trick is to not let yourself get to hungry. You should be eating small meals (with protein) several times a day. Sweet hard candies work too. They sell "Preggie Pops" for that exact purpose but its just hard sweet candy....jolly ranchers work just as good. I even had to get up in the middle of the night and eat some crackers and cheese to avoid being so sick in the morning. Hang in there and its so nice to see her growing!!