Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Day, Sad Day

I got the results of my second blood test today, and Baby is developing right on schedule. I have my first sonogram next Thursday, and while I won't be able to hear the heartbeat, I guess the doctor can see it. I am very excited! I am terribly nauseous today, so I'll be vegging on the couch for a good part of the day.


In very sad news, our cat, Magglio, is going to the shelter today. Jeff and I are both so upset, but I am allergic to him and I have to take asthma meds every day when he is here. This isn't good for the baby, and when I was in Fargo I only took the meds about twice a week, so we know it is for the best. We love that dumb cat though, and this is very difficult. Several doctors have also mentioned that my arthritis may improve if we got rid of the cat. We did give him away last year to one of Jeff's co-workers, but the guy brought him back within a week because he wasn't cuddly enough. Maggs has always been very shy, and so I worry terribly about him being in a shelter. We've been trying for over a year to find him a home through people we know and acquaintances, but we've just run out of time. Please say a prayer that someone will adopt him quickly! He's a wonderful kitty who deserves a good, patient family.

No comments: