Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day


I am sure it will come as no surprise to hear that I have been fighting tears all day. First, I am celebrating a holiday that I never thought would be mine to celebrate, and second, Jeff and Bethie have been wonderful and making me feel very special.





Yesterday, Jeff came home with roses and chocolate, and then this morning I got some very thoughtful gifts. Not only did Bethie sign my card with her hand print (Jeff had quite a time with that one, I'm sure. The girl likes to flail her arms!), but I received a beautiful necklace that says "Mom". I also got a picture frame that says "Mommy and Me", into which I put my favorite picture of Bethie and I. After all of that, Jeff made me a huge breakfast which was delicious, and I got to take TWO naps today. It was a terrific day, and I am so grateful that I have a daughter and a husband with whom I can share these holidays.

No comments: