Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fussy Days and Wet Cribs

Bethie survived her shots, although we did have a pretty long, fussy week. I think more may have been going on than just the shots, as she was very clingy all week and I could hardly put her down. I read about something called "Wonder Weeks" in which babies at this age start making rapid strides in development, but it is confusing for them and so they become fussy and clingy. That pretty much summed up our week, but it could have also been a growth spurt or a little cold, or a thousand other things. In any case, she is much happier this week, and able to amuse herself for short periods of time so that I can get things done around here.

She woke up in the middle of the night the other night, something she hardly ever does anymore, and I fond her soaked through. The sheets were wet as well as the mattress pad, and I couldn't figure out what had happened. I went to change her, and discovered that she was not wearing a diaper!! Jeff had gotten her ready for bed that night and was playing with her on the changing table. He zipped her into her sleeper without realizing that he hadn't replaced the diaper, and so guess who was doing laundry at 3:30 am. :-) It was pretty funny, and this is the second time it has happened. The first time wasn't over night though, and she peed all over me before we realized she was missing a diaper. Hopefully we don't have "strike three", because I don't know how funny it will be next time!

No comments: