Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Monday, January 26, 2009

Thin Legs?!

I saw the doctor today, and he gave me a new nausea med. He said that my since my nausea has gotten worse in the last week or so, it is probably not morning sickness, but my shortness. To explain, because my torso is so short, Bethie has nowhere to go, so she's squishing my stomach and basically making the food come back up. He gave me a new med that is supposed to help my stomach accept the food. I took it when I got home, ate dinner, and now I want to eat some more, so I guess it's working! Oh, and I've gained 2 pounds in the last two weeks, despite the sickness.

He also said that we are on the right track with the Requip for my legs. I was worried that I had been taking 1.5 mg already, but after I'd thought about it, that dosage has been working for nearly a week now. In any case, he said it is okay to increase up to 4 mg, if necessary. I really have been sleeping so much better, so I am relieved that I can still take it safely.


Finally, he said that he is thinking I will probably need a C-section, since my legs are so thin. I said that my legs are NOT thin (my thighs rub together - that is not thin!), but he said that they are. I have been expecting the need for a C-section because of the CP though, so I didn't even think to ask why thin legs would matter. I trust him though, and I know he wouldn't suggest that if it weren't necessary. I have another sonogram in two weeks, and then we'll see how big Bethie is, and we'll have a better idea of what will happen.

No comments: