Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Getting Ready for Kindergarten!

Bethie is such an amazing little girl; it is truly a privilege to be her mother.  We haven't done a whole lot of real "preschool" at home, but it looks like the things we have done and the things she has picked up on her own have her more than ready for Kindergarten.  I plan to start in the fall, which is a year ahead of when she'd start if we put her into public school.  I was originally going to go with the Sonlight program, but that is a very reading-intensive program, and Bethie is not one to sit and listen to stories often.  She is a very hands-on, active, and energetic little girl, so I am going to take a deep breath and dive into curriculum creation.  After spending a great deal of time online researching what she'll need to know by the end of Kindergarten, I feel like I have a good handle on this.  I've ordered Home Learning Year by Year: How to Design a Homeschool Curriculum from Preschool Through High School to help me, and I plan to spend the summer getting ready.  

I really want a curriculum that she will be excited about, and for Bethie, that's going to be a lot of hands-on, out of our seats work.  If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them, otherwise, stay tuned!



No comments: