Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Monday, June 6, 2011

New Look for the Blog

Now that Bethie is well into her third year and is not changing as quickly as before, I have not been posting as much.  It seems like it's time to change this blog a third time.  It began as a fertility journey then morphed into the raising of a baby, and now I think it is appropriate to let it change again to encompass our entire family. 

2010 was difficult and very stressful, marked by money and health worries.  This year, however, has been much better.  I secured a job as an online tutor in the last week of December, and that really eased up the stress.  I spent the last several months tutoring kids in grades 1 - 11 in math and reading, and as I was able to do it at night from home, Bethie did not have to go to daycare.  We are on a break for the summer right now, but I anticipate going back to work in the fall when the school year begins.  It is nice to be using my teaching degree, even if it is only for an hour or two a day.

Jeff is working at Martin Sprocket and Gear in the Fort Worth office, and he enjoys it.  He has been there for several years now, and that has been what has gotten us through this rough patch.  Can you believe I have not worked outside the home in nearly two years?  For someone that usually had more than one job, this has been a real change.  I love being home with Bethie, though, and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

Other than this last bout of bronchitis, we have been much healthier this year, too.  I have started seeing a chiropractor and a pain management doctor for my cerebral palsy and related pain, and I do feel much healthier.  Once I get my energy back, I hope to start walking with Bethie.

In other news, we are finally ready to put our tiny condo on the market.  It will take awhile to sell, I'm sure, but we are looking forward to having more than one bedroom!  It will be so nice for Bethie to have her own room, and even nicer to have room to offer our families and friends if they come to visit.  Stay tuned for the house hunt!

No comments: