Beautiful Girl

Beautiful Girl

Monday, December 8, 2008

Thank You For Your Patience . . .


I know, it has been too long (again) since I posted, and as I was reminded, people need updates!! You will be happy to know that Elizabeth is just fine. I mentioned before the pains I was having in my abdomen. Well, they lasted from the Friday after Thanksgiving til Monday morning, so my doctor wanted to see me. There was some concern of pre-term labor, although I wasn't too worried about that. The pains were more like muscle aches than contractions, and as I suspected, it was not early labor. It was quite the relief to hear Elizabeth's heartbeat, though. By Sunday night, I realized that she hadn't moved or kicked for several hours, and that really freaked me out. All was well though, and the doctor said that the pain I was having was just from her stretching out to make more room for herself. I think she must have gotten Jeff's long legs, and that's why she needs more room!


There's nothing I can do for the pains aside from taking Tylenol and laying on the couch, which the doctor recommended. It's been over a week since the pains started and I am still having them, but it seems a small price to pay for having a healthy baby. It has been difficult at work since the pains make it hard to walk, but I am getting by.


The nice thing is that she kicks a lot more now, and with more regularity. She actually had the hiccups the other night, and sometimes she kicks so hard she makes me jump! Although I know that Elizabeth will be a total Daddy's girl, she won't kick for him now. She'll be kicking up a storm, and as soon as Jeff puts his hand on my belly, she stops. Stubborn child!

No comments: